Date:	Tue, 06 Mar 2007 01:30:19 +0100
From:	Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>
To:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>
Cc:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>, Gautham R Shenoy <ego@...ibm.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Oleg Nesterov <oleg@...sign.ru>,
	Srivatsa Vaddagiri <vatsa@...ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Problem with freezable workqueues

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 22:51 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> For 2.6.21-rc1 I've invented the appended workaround (works for me, waiting for
> Johannes to confirm it works for him too), but I think we need something better
> for -mm and future kernels.

Finally I could get back to this but after reading the thread I figured
it might not be necessary to test this. Please let me know ASAP if you
want this patch tested as well or it'll take quite a long time (going
skiing for a week on Saturday)

In any case, I made the two xfs workqueues non-freezable and everything
on my quad powermac works again, I also couldn't detect any filesystem
correction. I wanted to adapt the BUG_ON(block IO not from suspend code)
patch from suspend2 but haven't gotten around to it yet.

johannes

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (191 bytes)