Date:	Mon, 09 Apr 2007 09:56:03 -0400
From:	Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To:	johnrobertbanks@...tmail.fm
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, dhlii@...cast.net,
	linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: REISER4 FOR INCLUSION IN THE LINUX KERNEL.

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:16:59 PDT, johnrobertbanks@...tmail.fm said:

> >     I am not looking to defend Hans - he is likely to be in jail and no
> > longer a factor for a long time. Nor am I looking to make or support
> > claims for Reiser4.
>
> Why not defend Hans? He is in jail on what appear to be trumped-up
> charges, just like the trumped-up complainants about his filesystem.

The charges certainly appear to be a lot more serious than "trumped-up".
All the same, I hope that Hans is accorded a fair trial and given a chance
to clear his name.

However, whether he's innocent or guilty, he *is* "out of play" for the
foreseeable future.  And "Where is the maintainer?" *is* a legitimate
question when contemplating including a large chunk of code in the kernel.
Hans is out of play, Namesys may or may not survive the loss of Hans, and
there isn't any signs of support outside Namesys.  So if it merges, who will
get stuck with supporting it?

(I won't bother replying to the rest of your conspiracy theories...)