Date:	Sun, 29 Apr 2007 23:00:29 +0100 (BST)
From:	Mark Fortescue <mark@...hpc.demon.co.uk>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
cc:	wli@...omorphy.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	sparclinux@...r.kernel.org, linux-serial@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [TESTING NEEDED] drivers/serial/sunzilog: Interrupt enable before
 ISR handler installed

I have altered the patch as advised and I have attached it to prevent my
email client from making a mess of it.

The attached patch changes the interrupt enable sequence for the sunzilog
driver so that interrupts are not enabled untill after the interrupt
handler has been installed. If this is not done, some SS1 and SS2 sun4c
systems panic on un-handled interrupt before the handler gets installed
preventing boot.

It also adds in support for the ESCC version of the zilog chips. The ESCC
detection works but the FIFO enable may cause issues with modem and
receive character status. My interpretation of the SCC manual and the code
is that it sould be OK.

---

Regards
 	Mark Fortescue.
View attachment "sunzilog.patch" of type "TEXT/PLAIN" (11357 bytes)