Date:	Fri, 18 May 2007 22:35:06 +0100
From:	"Renato Golin" <rengolin@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: joydev.c and saitek cyborg evo force

On 18/05/07, Renato Golin <rengolin@...il.com> wrote:
> Problem is, on joydev_connect, when defining the corrections for every
> axis, the joystick is reporting dev->absmax = 127 and dev->absmin =
> -127 for both axis 0 and 1, so the correction is based on a signed
> range when the joystick is actually sending an unsigned range.

Quick fix so I can play flightgear:

on joydev_connect, created absmin and absmax to avoid messing dev
variables (pointer)

if current position (dev->abs) is not in range:

if (dev->abs[j] > dev->absmax[j] || dev->abs[j] < dev->absmin[j]) {
     absmin = 0;
     absmax = dev->abs[j] * 2;
}

problems:
 - it only works when joy is centred at connection
 - it assumes the joy will report correct positions (instead of uncalibrated)

Now I'll figure out how to turn off button 12...

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at

View attachment "joydev.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (1350 bytes)