Date:	Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:34:04 +0200
From:	Rene Herman <rene.herman@...il.com>
To:	KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@...fujitsu.com>
CC:	Qi Yong <qiyong@...cn.com>,
	Tsugikazu Shibata <tshibata@...jp.nec.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, gregkh@...e.de, m-ikeda@...jp.nec.com
Subject: Re: [RFD] Documentation/HOWTO translated into Japanese

On 06/11/2007 01:28 PM, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:

> Rene Herman <rene.herman@...il.com> wrote:

>> Please don't say that -- I perfectly understood what you were saying and as
>> such it was of perfect use. There's a large number of non-native English
>> speakers around the Linux kernel and noone is expected to write flawless
>> English (that's including native speakers in fact).
>>
>> Getting a native speaker to clean up grammer and spelling is fine ofcourse
>> as it's makes for a lower effort read for many others but please don't say

Case in point -- s/it's/it/

>> that something which isn't flawlessly spelled is of no use. As long as the
>> content is clear, it's of great use!
>>
> Thank you.
>
> But I know my grammar-check skill is not so good. I should make it better.
> I always thank all commenters who fix my sentences.

It used to be customary at least on usenet to add "(sp?)" to a word you
weren't certain about but it never worked for me. When I indicated I wanted
to be acked/naked like that I really did but it was always just ignored.
That in itself is enough indication of how deeply people care about spelling
in technical content...

Rene.