Date:	Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:18:29 +0200
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Tarkan Erimer <tarkan@...one.net.tr>
Cc:	Al Viro <viro@....linux.org.uk>, Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>,
	debian developer <debiandev@...il.com>,
	"david@...g.hm" <david@...g.hm>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
Subject: Re: Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3

* Tarkan Erimer <tarkan@...one.net.tr> wrote:

> [...] Just, I asked simple question and included a simple example in
> it. [...]

actually, what you said was this:

" I hope we should upgrade to GPLv3 and Sun should "Dual License"
  the OpenSolaris via GPLv3 (or at least,GPLv3 should be CDDL
  compatible.). "

and to that the answer was:

" The OpenSolaris community has already stated that they do not want to
  accept GPLv3 [...] "

in other words: your hypothetical is false today. You called us to do a
specific action, but why did you then include a factually false
'example' to underline that point of yours? Or if you simply did not
know about the OpenSolaris community's position beforehand, why dont you
just admit that and withdraw from that line of argument gracefully?

	Ingo