Date:	Mon, 18 Jun 2007 02:10:49 +0200
From:	Carlo Wood <carlo@...noe.com>
To:	Paul Mundt <lethal@...ux-sh.org>, Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, eric@...olt.net,
	zhenyu.z.wang@...el.com, y-goto@...fujitsu.com,
	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.22-rc5 regression

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 08:18:58AM +0900, Paul Mundt wrote:
> The obvious question of course is whether actually reverting this
> changeset fixes your problem? I would be very surprised if it did.

Having a git commit Id, like d09c6b809432668371b5de9102f4f9aa6a7c79cc,
how can I create a .diff file from that?

> If it does make a difference, please provide the values for
> CONFIG_HOTPLUG, CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG and CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU from your
> .config.
>
> I would wager that you only have CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y, in which case, the
> only difference over previous kernels will be that zone_batchlist() is no
> longer flagged as __init, and so it won't be freed -- this was the reason
> for the "special section" comment in the changeset, as currently it's
> left hanging around for folks that aren't doing cpu/memory hotplug, since
> __devinit was the closest that both cpu and memory hotplug had in common.
>
> I can't imagine that this would impact you at all, though.

I think git bisect made an error... as you can see for yourself
with the list of tested git Id's that I gave - it didn't test
both sides of that patch imho. If you tell me how to extract a patch
then I'll manually unapply it to some failing kernel revisions and
see if that makes a difference.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@...noe.com>