Date:	Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:38:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:	david@...g.hm
To:	Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>
cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-usb-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: long-term regression

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Randy Dunlap wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:56:17 -0700 (PDT) david@...g.hm wrote:
>
>> due to the size the files are posted at http://linux.lang.hm/linux
>>
>> let me know what else I can send to help.
>>
>> David Lang
>

> I suggest that you test 2.6.22-rcN using one or both of these
> boot options:
>
> noisapnp
> pnpacpi=off
>
> Somewhere between 2.6.18 and 2.6.22-development, the ACPI config
> symbol also starting enabling (selecting) PNP.  That's one of many
> differences....

with the 2.6.22-rc4 kernel that I was useing earlier, adding these two
options clears up the problem. Thanks.

should I test the two individually? or just plan on useing both from now
on?
I normally disable PnP (both ISA and PCI), should I leave it enabled with
the newer kernels and this motherboard?

> I would also disable CONFIG_USB_USS720, at least for testing.

for ease of testing (I got time to reboot the box around midnight) I used
the same config as before, so this is still on.

David Lang