Date:	Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:57:19 +0100
From:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
To:	Matthew Wilcox <matthew@....cx>
Cc:	Andy Isaacson <adi@...apodia.org>,
	James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...senPartnership.com>,
	Matt Mackall <mpm@...enic.com>,
	Matthew Garrett <mjg59@...f.ucam.org>,
	Tech Board Discuss
	<Tech-board-discuss@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
	ksummit-2007-discuss@...nk.org
Subject: Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux
 Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:42:24 -0600
Matthew Wilcox <matthew@....cx> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 11:41:07AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > And very gameable of course. James proposal at least has the advantage of
> > simplicity, of drawing from a rough set of relevant people (far from
> > perfectly) and a certain amount of random changeover according to the KS
> > of the year
> >
> > I would make only one change personally - extend an email vote to the
> > people on the final invite list who can't for various reasons make it.
>
> That's not what you said last year ...
> http://thunk.org/pipermail/ksummit-2006-discuss/2006-July/000665.html

And if you follow the further discussion both online and off (ok that bit
might be trickier), James explained what he was trying to achieve, why he
thought it was the right way to do it, and persuaded me he was right.

Alan