Date:	Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:08:26 +0400
From:	Andrey Panin <pazke@...pac.ru>
To:	Chris Bergeron <chris@...urn.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Syba 8-Port Serial Card Unidentified By Kernel

On 284, 10 11, 2007 at 01:02:12PM -0400, Chris Bergeron wrote:
> Andrey Panin wrote:
>> On 278, 10 05, 2007 at 05:31:05PM -0400, Chris Bergeron wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I've just installed a multiport serial card released by an outfit called
>>> Syba.  This is an 8 port serial-only card with an Octopus style breakout
>>> cable.  The main chipset on it is an ITE IT8871F.
>>>

>> Are you sure ? IIRC IT887x are PCI-ISA bridges with additional periphery
>> and your lspci shows PLX chip. Can you send complete lspci -vv output ?
>> Output of dmesg could be useful too.
>>

> I'm sure that's what it says on the largest chip on the PCI card.  It could
> be that the other two chips are more relevant... the numbers from them are
> included below.
>
> I've posted up a quick text only page with the diagnostic information from
> the system (full dmesg, lspci, etc) plus links to pictures of the board
> (since others might see something important that I'm not aware of).  You
> can access that at
> http://pcburn.com/files/Syba_serial_controller/index.html

Can you try an attached patch ? I hope it should at least detect UARTs on
your board. Be ready that baudrate could be wrong, because we do not know
what frequency is used to clock these UARTs.

--
Andrey Panin		| Linux and UNIX system administrator
pazke@...pac.ru		| PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net

View attachment "patch-syba" of type "text/plain" (1032 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)