Date:	Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:30:49 -0500
From:	Mark Lord <liml@....ca>
To:	"Morrison, Tom" <tmorrison@...irix.com>
Cc:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>, linux-ide@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.23.1 - sata_mv (7042) hang with large file operations

Morrison, Tom wrote:
..
> ::: Can you give me exact details of how to set up and reproduce this?
> :::  -- Kernel version
>
> 	Linux-2.6.23.1
>
> 	NOTE: I am using ppc (arch/ppc instead of arch/powerpc)
..

Okay.  Is that 32-bit or 64-bit?  How much RAM ?

My PPC machine is not currently set up for Linux,
and has only PCIX (not PCIe) slots, so I'll try this
first on an x86-32 box with PCIe.

If it works for me there, then I may be able to try
a PCIX card in my PPC-32 box later.  The PCIX card
won't have a 7042 of course, so I'll use a 6081 instead.
Those earlier Marvell chips are supposed to be extremely similar.