Date:	Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:24:16 +0100
From:	Zoltan Sogor <weth@....u-szeged.hu>
To:	Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>
CC:	Artem Bityutskiy <Artem.Bityutskiy@...ia.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Ferenc Havasi <havasi@....u-szeged.hu>,
	ext-adrian.hunter@...ia.com
Subject: Re: Add LZO compression support to cryptoapi

Hi Herbert!

Herbert Xu wrote:
> Hi Zoltan:
>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:44:07AM +0100, Zoltan Sogor wrote:
>
>> I'm Zoltan Sogor at University of Szeged, Hungary, and we are working on
>> new flash file system (UBIFS) cooperating with Nokia Corp. We would like
>> to use cryptoapi in UBIFS compression/encrypt mechanism.
>>
>> I've ported LZO compressor into cryptoapi. If you think the patch is
>> good, please apply it.
>>
>> If you have any problem with the patch, your feedbacks are welcome.
>>

> Thanks for your patch! There's just one thing missing, tcrypt vectors.
> Please resubmit with them (you can model it after deflate) and I'll add
> this to cryptodev-2.6.

I've modified the patch as you suggested and added an other patch which adds
a common compression test function (modifies deflate test case to use the common function).

Cheers,

View attachment "0001-Cryptoapi-add-LZO-compression-algorithm-support.txt" of type "text/plain" (9336 bytes)

View attachment "0001-Cryptoapi-add-common-compression-tester-function.txt" of type "text/plain" (3351 bytes)