Date:	Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:23:25 +0100
From:	Pierre Ossman <drzeus-mmc@...eus.cx>
To:	"Cai, Cliff" <Cliff.Cai@...log.com>
Cc:	"Mike Frysinger" <vapier.adi@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [patch] split MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:21:40 +0800
"Cai, Cliff" <Cliff.Cai@...log.com> wrote:

>  Hi,all
>
> I'd like to say something about this issue.
> Currently,the blackfin on chip SD host ONLY support 1-bit MMC while
> support 1-bit/4-bit SD/SDIO.
> And we want our driver to support both 1-bit MMC and 4-bit SD/SDIO.but
> the current MMC driver framework
> Only allow us to set one kind of bus width,either 1-bit or 4-bit.So in
> order to meet our case,we need more flexible mechanism
> To inform the upper commom driver to know our situation.

That's just iterating what's already been said. My claim is that 4-bit is 4-bit, regardless if it's MMC or SD. So if you want this patch to go in you need to explain why there is a difference for the blackfin controller.

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org