Date:	Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:49:23 -0500
From:	Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>
To:	Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-input@...r.kernel.org,
	William Pettersson <william.pettersson@...il.com>
Subject: Re: [BISECTED] Re: psmouse.c: GlidePoint at isa0060/serio1/input0
	lost sync at byte 1

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 09:19:23PM +0100, Vegard Nossum wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 8:33 PM, Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 06:46:46PM +0100, Vegard Nossum wrote:
> > >
> > > I have now tried this patch. I don't see a sync error now, but the
> > > button still does not work as expected. Now the scroll down button
> > > acts like a middle button instead of scrolling down.
> > >
> > > I am sorry for the confusion; on my laptop it looks like a single
> > > button, but in fact it can be pressed in four different ways (up,
> > > down, left, and right). In 2.6.23, pressing left or right, I get the
> > > traditional paste functionality. Pressing up or down, it acts like a
> > > scroll wheel (up or down). In 2.6.24-rc1, it is the scrolling up/down
> > > that causes the lost sync (but the left/right works correctly).
> > >

> > I see. Could you please provide me with another debug log of all
> > 4 presses/releases of all the buttons, with the patch applied?
> > Do it in the following order please: left, right, middle, up, down.
>
> Ok. Remember, there really is no dedicated middle button (I've been
> using left button for this purpose, i.e. pasting in X). Here's the
> log. I cannot tell why the first keypress is twice the size of the
> rest, maybe I accidentally pressed it twice, though I tried not to.

Hmm, it seems to work properly, I think it is now a setup issue to a
certain degree. The touchpad now works in native mode (as opposed to
Intellimouse emulation) and so I'd recommend installing Synaptics X
driver from http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/

Just to verify, could you please locate evtest utility and check
whether your up and down buttons generate BTN_FORWARD and BTN_BACK
events?

--
Dmitry