Date:	Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:58:44 -0800
From:	Joel Becker <Joel.Becker@...cle.com>
To:	Ian Campbell <ijc@...lion.org.uk>
Cc:	Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@...p.org>,
	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>, Jody Belka <lists-lkml@...b.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	"Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@...ssion.com>,
	Andi Kleen <andi@...stfloor.org>,
	Mika Penttila <mika.penttila@...umbus.fi>
Subject: Re: 2.6.25-rc1 xen pvops regression

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:12:36PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:

> > > I thought the problem was a Xen-provided pagetable from before Linux
> > > started?
> >
> > Hm, I don't think so.  The domain-builder pagetable is put after the
> > kernel, so it shouldn't be under 1M.
>
> I can confirm that it is Linux which is allocating it. The call path:

	Also, I have older kernels (2.6.24-rc era) that run Just Fine.
I haven't changed my dom0 at all.

Joel

--

"There is no more evil thing on earth than race prejudice, none at
 all.  I write deliberately -- it is the worst single thing in life

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker@...cle.com