Date:	Sat, 5 Apr 2008 02:44:48 -0300 (ART)
From:	Luis Sousa <ls.luis_sousa@...oo.com.br>
To:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: sata io freeze, 2.6.18 and also 2.6.24

--- Luis Sousa <ls.luis_sousa@...oo.com.br> escreveu:

> > --- Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org> escreveu:

> > > We need more info, namely full 'dmesg', 'lspci -v', and your kernel config.
> > >
> > > Also, make /sure/ you are not running closed-source modules known to
> > > crash the system, like ndiswrapper or nvidia graphics driver.
> > >
> > > 	Jeff
> >
> > I'm quite sure.

It seems I have a failing RAM problem. I ran memtest86+ and got lots of
errors in test #7 (random number sequence), in the whole address space.

Looks like that might be the cause of the lockups and also some weird
kernel oops'es which I've been experiencing.

I'll try fixing that and if it still keeps crashing, I'll be in touch.

--
Luis Sousa

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/