Date:	Wed, 21 May 2008 22:08:33 +0200
From:	Bruno Prémont <bonbons@...ux-vserver.org>
To:	Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>
Cc:	Linux Input <linux-input@...r.kernel.org>,
	"R. J. Wysocki" <Rafal.Wysocki@....edu.pl>
Subject: Re: Input+S3: extra keycodes forgotten after suspend

Hi Dmitry,

On Wed, 21 May 2008 Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com> wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 06:45:01PM +0200, Bruno Prémont wrote:
> > Hi Dmitry,
> >
> > Please find attached dmesg output.
> >
> > The suspend process looked somewhat like the following:
> > - quick test of
> >     echo 1 > /sys/modules/i8042/parameters/debug
> >   and disabled it again
> >     echo 0 > /sys/modules/i8042/parameters/debug
> > - exit X and rmmod usb-storage and a few other modules
> >   (nfs, xfs and the like).
> > - checked the extra keys (showkey) and enabled debug again
> > - echo mem > /sys/power/state
> >
> > Wait half a minute with laptop in S3
> >
> > - hit enter to resume
> > - wait a bit, as it takes too long help out with short
> >   presses on power button (somehow it helps the HDD/CDROM
> >   to resume), also pressed caps-lock when graphics were
> >   resumed and cursor blinking (very slowly)
> > - once userspace was awake again check extra keys with
> >   showkeys
> > - disabled input debug
> >
> > I hope this is detailed enough.
> >
> > List of patches applied to linux-2.6.25.4:
> >   http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/5/16/430
> >   http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/5/16/429
> >   squashfs
> >

> Question - does the problem happen if you dont have dritek extension
> enabled (i.e. on unpatched kernel)?

When running 2.6.25.4 without the two dritek patches it does not
redetect the keyboard (but obviously the extra keys don't work at all)

Attached is the log for a suspend session without the dritek patches.

I hope you can find a useful difference between both cases with the
input debug messages so it's possible to get it working properly with
dritek extensions...
Seems to look like reset on suspend path does not reset everything...

Tomorrow I will also try with acerhk instead of the patches. That is:
- load acerhk which enables dritek (and also does some additional BIOS
  calls)
- suspend & resume
  -> check it keyboard got redetected

Redo the same but unloading acerhk before suspend

Bruno

View attachment "input-suspend-debug2.log" of type "text/plain" (87445 bytes)