Date:	Sat, 24 May 2008 21:41:00 -0700
From:	"Kallol Biswas" <nucleodyne@...il.com>
To:	"Takashi Iwai" <tiwai@...e.de>
Cc:	"Clemens Ladisch" <clemens@...isch.de>,
	"Lee Revell" <rlrevell@...-job.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	"Xiaogeng Jin" <xiaogeng.jin@...oo.com>
Subject: Re: HDMI Audio Support in ALSA

Hello Takashi,
                   I have been reading the pci/hda code, and now not
sure if I have the answer to my original question.

The routine snd_hda_calc_stream_format() calls snd_pcm_format_width()
to find if the format is supported and the width.

The array holds pcm_format[] holds all the supported formats. However,
in this array
there is no entry for IEC 60958 or IEC 61937. How does it work? How
does the hda code
handles the above frames?

It seems that snd_hda_calc_stream_format() is going to print "invalid
format width < val>" for HDMI audio frames.

Kallol