Date:	Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:32:47 +0300
From:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org>
To:	Rene Herman <rene.herman@...access.nl>,
Cc:	Stefan Richter <stefanr@...6.in-berlin.de>,
	Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@...il.com>,
	Paul Mundt <lethal@...ux-sh.org>,
	James Morris <jmorris@...ei.org>,
	Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>,
	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>, Theodore Tso <tytso@....edu>,
	Simon Arlott <simon@...e.lp0.eu>,
	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 02:54:05PM +0200, Rene Herman wrote:
> On 30-07-08 14:46, Adrian Bunk wrote:

>>> This doesn't justify what Jon did though.
>>>
>>> Jon created a new database out of formerly disparate datasets, even
>>> though we didn't provide him these datasets for this purpose.  The fact
>>> that the means to create this database are rather trivial and cheap do
>>> not mean that we implicitly agreed to what he did or that it wouldn't
>>> matter whether we agree to it or not.
>>
>> You certified:
>
> You only certify anything when _you_ put your address in. Given that
> it's a very common occurence that not you but _others_ do, this does not
> mean a _single_ thing. Tested-by, Bisected-by, what have you...
>
> But let us leave this discussion be. It's not going anywhere anyway.

There's one thing where it might actually go further:

You actually have a good point here, and I'm not disagreeing with it.

I've added Linus to the recipients since stuff like e.g. Tested-by or
Bisected-by tags actually undermine what the DCE 1.1 update should
have accomplished. So if DCE 1.1 (d) is considered to be legally
required for public indefinite storage of name and email address
we have a problem here.

> Rene.

cu
Adrian