Date:	Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:37:21 +0200
From:	Tim Tassonis <timtas@...ic.ch>
To:	Michael Krufky <mkrufky@...uxtv.org>
CC:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org>, Pavel Machek <pavel@...e.cz>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: reiser4 for 2.6.27-rc1

Michael Krufky wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org> wrote:

>>> Whats wrong with reiser4 name?
>>>
>>>                                                       Pavel
>>>                       (or am I feeding a troll?)
>> Not wanting a new filesystem named after a convicted murderer is not
>> a trollish suggestion.
>

> Regardless of the murder conviction, I still believe that the guy
> should get credit for his work.
>
> Reiserfs is a name that we all know of, regardless of how current we
> are with the news (although you'd have to be PRETTY far behind if you
> don't know about the crime)
>
> The current reiserfs filesystems aren't being renamed -- are they??
>
> Does it really hurt to keep his name there?  I think it should just go as-is.

Well, in my opinion, there is little point in renaming reiserfs 3 now,
as it is basically obsolete anyway and I suppose will disappear over time.

As reiser4 is not yet in and would need some rework before inclusion
anyway, the name could be fixed easily and I do think it would be a bit
irritating to just completely ignore real-world issues.

As for giving credit, I wasn't advocating in removing authorship
attribution (that's what giving credit means to me), but calling the
filesystem after himself was always a bit egocentric anyway. We don't
have t'sofs, engelfs, molnarsched and stuff like that.

And yes, I think Hans lost his right to decide over the name because of
what he has done. That is no disrespect for his work, only for him as
person in general, and I do strongly disrespect him as a person.

Tim