Date:	Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:10:29 +0400
From:	Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst@...b.net>
To:	linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org
CC:	viro@...iv.linux.org.uk, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: WARNING: at fs/buffer.c:1186 mark_buffer_dirty+0x51/0x66()

Hi,

During recent debugging session of my SCSI target SCST
(http://scst.sf.net) I noticed many

WARNING: at fs/buffer.c:1186 mark_buffer_dirty+0x51/0x66()

messages in kernel log on the initiator. I attached the full log of
several of them.

My target was buggy and I was working on fixing it, but I suppose Linux
should handle such failures more gracefully. In all the cases the target
had one type of failure: it "ate" a SCSI command and never returned
result of it.

Low level drivers were open-iscsi and qla2xxx.

Vlad

Download attachment "k.tar.bz2" of type "application/x-bzip" (42073 bytes)

View attachment "kernel" of type "text/plain" (6141 bytes)