Date:	Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:27:26 +0800
From:	"Law Sie Yong" <sylaw@....a-star.edu.sg>
To:	"David Vrabel" <david.vrabel@....com>
Cc:	"Kernel development list" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: UWB, WUSB, and WLP subsystems for 2.6.28

Hi David,

  As i look through the WUSB linux code, i couldnt seem to locate the code that append the UWB MAC layer header to the data frame of WUSB, or i might have missed it. To send out the WUSB data frame, does the code is expected to append the MAC header that indicate the EUI of dest and src, so the WUSB data frame can be sent correctly to the receiver, in this case dest EUI will be the HUB? Dlink DUB1210 spec said that its compliance to  MAC 1.0 which i believe the MAC header should contains the dest and src EUI for the data frame.

Law Sie Yong
Senior Research Officer
Communication Systems Department

-----Original Message-----
From: David Vrabel [mailto:david.vrabel@....com]
Sent: Thu 10/23/2008 5:00 PM
To: Law Sie Yong
Cc: Kernel development list

sylaw@....a-star.edu.sg wrote:

>   I am currently working on trying to WUSB linux to work on DLINK
> dub1210 dongle. Does the 2.6.26-rc8 of WUSB UWB linux work with
> DUB1210, as when i try to connect to the DLINK UWB Hub it show me
> error when it try to enumerate the hub i believe. Your help is greatly
> appreciated ! thx in advance !

The WUSB hub (DWA) won't do anything useful because there's no DWA
driver.  However, you should be able to authenticate and enumerate it.

Could you expand on the error messages?  It may be useful to build the
driver with additional debugging.

David
--
David Vrabel, Senior Software Engineer, Drivers
CSR, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park,  Tel: +44 (0)1223 692562

 We have moved to Fusionopolis!
 Our official address is:
 Institute for Infocomm Research,  1 Fusionopolis Way,  #21-01 Connexis, South Tower,
 Singapore 138632.   Main line: +65 64082000. Main fax: +65 67761378
 Please visit http://www.fusionopolis.a-star.edu.sg/ for more information
 on Fusionopolis.

Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you."