Date:	Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:05:29 +0100
From:	Max Weninger <max.weninger@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: SOLVED support of touchscreen reported as eGalax but is not
 working

Hi again

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:48:22 +0100
Max Weninger <max.weninger@...il.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:38:06 +0100
> Max Weninger <max.weninger@...il.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:13:23 +0100
> > Niels de Vos <niels.devos@...cor-nixdorf.com> wrote:

> > > For what it's worth; the version we use from eGalax is
> > > 1.0.3.1701. I don't have the hardware here atm, so I can't test
> > > an other driver now.
> >
> > I tried kernel 2.6.23.17 and there the touchscreen is recognized
> > using the builtin usbtouchscreen driver
>
> It also works with 2.6.26.8

After comparing the usbtouchscreen.c sources between the different
versions I got it working by commenting the follwoing lines

#ifdef CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_USB_EGALAX
        /* ignore the HID capable devices, handled by usbhid */
        {USB_DEVICE_HID_CLASS(0x0eef, 0x0001), .driver_info = DEVTYPE_IGNORE},
        {USB_DEVICE_HID_CLASS(0x0eef, 0x0002), .driver_info = DEVTYPE_IGNORE},

Now the entry in /proc/bus/input/devices is created as in the
older versions.

So it seems that usbhid is not correctly handling my type
of touchscreen if I understand the comment there correctly

Regards

Max

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (198 bytes)