Date:	Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:13:38 +0530
From:	Subrata Modak <subrata@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:	ltp-list <ltp-list@...ts.sf.net>,
	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Oliver Hartkopp <oliver.hartkopp@...kswagen.de>,
	Nadia Derbey <Nadia.Derbey@...l.net>,
	Serge Hallyn <serue@...ibm.com>,
	Márton Németh <nm127@...email.hu>,
	Michal Simek <monstr@...str.eu>,
	poornima nayak <mpnayak@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	Sudhir Kumar <skumar@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	Andrew Vagin <avagin@...il.com>, fredrick he <fhe@...ell.com>,
	Francesco RUNDO <francesco.rundo@...com>,
	Peter Oberparleiter <oberpar@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	CAI Qian <caiqian@...om.cn>,
	Masatake YAMATO <yamato@...hat.com>,
	Robbie Williamson <robbie@...ntu.com>,
	Chandru S <chandru@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	Casey Schaufler <casey@...aufler-ca.com>,
	Gowrishankar M <gowrishankar.m@...ibm.com>,
	Vernon Mauery <vernux@...ibm.com>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] The Linux Test Project has been Released for MARCH 2009

Dear All,

The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
MARCH 2009. Please see ltp/INSTALL file carefully, as, there has been
multiple changes for building/installing the test suite.

The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+ tests for the Linux
OS and can be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,
Latest happenings in LTP can also be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wiki/,
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wikiArchives.php, and,
IRC: irc.freenode.org #ltp.

========================
MARCH 2009 Highlights:
========================
* Addition of CONTROLLER AREA NETWORK tests,
* Addition of MESSAGE QUEUE NAMESPACE tests,
* Addition of SMACK SECURITY tests,
* Several Coding style Fixes,
* Fixes for numerous other tests,
------------------------------

==============================
MARCH 2009 LTP Contributors:
==============================
* Oliver Hartkopp,
* Nadia Derbey,
* Serge Hallyn,
* Márton Németh,
* Michal Simek,
* Poornima Nayak,
* Sudhir Kumar,
* Andrew Vagin,
* Fredrick He,
* Francesco RUNDO,
* Peter Oberparleiter,
* CAI Qian,
* Masatake YAMATO,
* Subrata Modak,
* Robert Williamson,
* Chandru S,
* Casey Schaufler,
* Gowrishankar M,
* Vernon Mauery,
------------------------------

==============================
Note(s) from the Maintainer:
==============================
Continuing with our effort for testing new areas, we saw major
contributions in terms of new tests this month. I am hoping that this
trend will be carried forward in the coming quarters as well.

Michal Simek´s effort to cleanup LTP coding style and provide fixes for
them is a good move. I am sure that he will complete that in coming
months.

Our web site also contains other information such as:
- A Linux test tools matrix
- Technical papers
- How To's on Linux testing
- Code coverage analysis tool.

We would encourage the community to post results to
ltp-results@...ts.sf.net,
patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to ltp-list@...ts.sf.net,
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=103382 (for
New Bug(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=303382 (for
New Patch(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=353382 (for
New Feature Request(s))

Happy testing,
Regards--
Subrata,

View attachment "March-2009_Changelog.txt" of type "text/plain" (67901 bytes)