Date:	Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:03:19 +0900
From:	GeunSik Lim <leemgs1@...il.com>
To:	Zhaolei <zhaolei@...fujitsu.com>
Cc:	Wu Fengguang <fengguang.wu@...el.com>,
	Jesper Juhl <jj@...osbits.net>,
	Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@...ymtl.ca>,
	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...sta.de>,
	Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@...il.com>,
	"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@...dspring.com>,
	Jaswinder Singh Rajput <jaswinderrajput@...il.com>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@...il.com>,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
	Lai Jiangshan <laijs@...fujitsu.com>,
	KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@...fujitsu.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Dominique Toupin <dominique.toupin@...csson.com>,
	Michel Dagenais <michel.dagenais@...ymtl.ca>,
	Pierre-Marc Fournier <pierre-marc.fournier@...ymtl.ca>
Subject: Re: Relicensing tracepoints and markers to Dual LGPL v2.1/GPL
	v2,headers to Dual BSD/GPL

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Zhaolei <zhaolei@...fujitsu.com> wrote:
> * From: "Wu Fengguang" <fengguang.wu@...el.com>
> Subject: Re: Relicensing tracepoints and markers to Dual LGPL v2.1/GPL v2,headers to Dual BSD/GPL

>>> I don't think I have enough significant changes in there to actually
>>> require my approval for relicensing, but since you ask; I personally
>>> do not have a problem with that file being Dual LGPL v2.1/GPL v2
>>> licensed.
>>
>> Me too.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Fengguang
>
> Me too.
>
> Thanks,
> Zhaolei

Sorry for the late reply. Why do we need a different license to GPLV2
sources that  contributors submitted.?  As Mathieu mentioned, I think
that  GPLV2 based some sources needs  to be relicense  to  trace
non-GPL applications
for some developers and some companies.

In real, Some open source  like QT, MySQL is licensed using dual
license for business strategy. tracepoint.c/marker.c file is GPLv2
currently.

Can  we re-distribute with dual license (e.g: bsd/gplv2 or lgpl
2.1/gplv2)   about some source of linux kernel source? I think that
linux kernel source is GPLv2 only. Frankly speaking, I am not know
exactly about  legal issues of your questions.

Thanks,

--
Regards,
GeunSik Lim ( Samsung Electronics )