Date:	Sat, 5 Dec 2009 03:12:54 +0100
From:	Grozdan <neutrino8@...il.com>
To:	Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Can't compile 2.6.32

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com> wrote:

> A bit more info on this. It seems there's a
> CONFIG_ACPI_CUSTOM_OVERRIDE_INITRAMFS in the "normal" SUSE source RPM
> package (which in my config is not enabled, but there is an option for
> that) and looking at the drivers/acpi/osl.c and the
> include/acpi/acpiosxf.h file, there's a define for this in the header
> which has acpi_load_override_tables(void); and also this is present in
> the osl.c file.... see both attachments. I could not find the same
> thing in the kernel-default-vanilla source RPM package also present in
> the repo.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  reply: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> You should take this up with the OpenSUSE people, not lkml.

Yeah I know, and what I've been planning to. But, I enabled this
option some minutes ago and tried to compile again. It passed
compilation of osl.c so I think it's all good now. There have been
quite a lot of complains about how SUSE configures and splits its
kernel packages; for the new 11.2 release, I've read a lot of them on
the SUSE forum where people couldn't even boot if the kernel-desktop
was selected and installed but had no problems with the
kernel-default. I don't know who configures these kernels (I don't use
SUSE configured/compiled kernels, only grab them from the build
service & configure/compile them myself) but it seems it's getting
progressively worse, not to mention in how many different packages
they've split the kernel and people are getting confused about this :(

Anyways, thanks so far ;)