Date:	Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:21:37 +0000
From:	Andy Green <andy@...mcat.com>
To:	Stanislav Brabec <utx@...guin.cz>
CC:	Eric Miao <eric.y.miao@...il.com>, dbaryshkov@...il.com,
	Cyril Hrubis <metan@....cz>, arminlitzel@....de,
	kernel list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Dirk@...er-online.de, lenz@...wisc.edu, rpurdie@...ys.net,
	linux-arm-kernel <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>, thommycheck@...il.com,
	zaurus-devel@...ts.linuxtogo.org, omegamoon@...il.com
Subject: Re: bit errors on spitz

On 03/11/10 15:42, Somebody in the thread at some point said:
> Andy Green wrote:
>
>> I saw very similar failures for a long time on our iMX31 based device.
>> Eventually I found a Freescale errata where the RAM inside the USB2
>> macrocell started to make single bit errors below 1.38V Vcore; ours was
>> 1.4V at that time but dipped on CPU load.
>
> Good tip. It seems that nobody ported driver for the voltage control
> chip ISL6271 from 2.4 kernel, and bootloader probably does not set
> correct values.
>
> Datasheet:
> http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/datasheets/power/Xscale/ISL6271.pdf

Unless there's more to it in the way the zaurus using it that regulator
isn't programmable digitally.

Reading about your CF Card WLAN related issues they suck down a good
amount of power when their radio is up, I would definitely suggest
monitoring with a 'scope the various rails (Vcore, RAM and whatever it
is the CF Card is powered by) while putting it under load.

-Andy