Date:	Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:19:24 +0200
From:	Bart Van Assche <bvanassche@....org>
To:	James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...e.de>
Cc:	Chetan Loke <generationgnu@...oo.com>,
	Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst@...b.net>,
	scst-devel <scst-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Scst-devel] Fwd: Re: linuxcon 2010...

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:11 PM, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@...e.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 07:58 -0700, Chetan Loke wrote:
>> Hello James and others,

Hello James,

Thanks for taking notes during the storage track and sharing these
notes (http://lwn.net/Articles/400589/). These notes are interesting
but do not reveal why LIO is preferred.

Also, the list with the three acceptance criteria is incomplete. A
very important criterion before any kernel code can be merged upstream
is whether or not there is a maintainer for that code. Someone who has
proven prior kernel coding experience and someone who understands the
new code thoroughly.

Bart.