Date:	Sat, 30 Apr 2011 01:26:45 -0400
From:	"werner" <w.landgraf@...ru>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs

Enclosed a part of the syslog of the time when I made the
screen
foto with the ata1 problem. Unfortunately, neither the
watch of my computer, nor
of my handy is exact and also the system time of the foto
may be when I copied it
to the computer, so that I don't know exactly to which of
the boots the foto was
refered -- but it's also quite possible that this ata1
crashs are neither logged
in syslog, like actually some crashs at rtc0 aren't
logged.  MORE UNFORTUNATELY,
THE LOG FILE NOR SHOWS THE KERNEL VERSION AT BOOT TIME
(YOU SHOULD IMPROVE THIS !!!),
  SO THAT THE BOOTS ARE REFERED SOMETIMES TO 2.4.38.3 or
.4, SOMETIMES TO 2.6.39-RC3
or RC4 . However, I hope the log file is useful for
something.
wl

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:46:18 -0700
  Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:
> 2011/4/29 werner <w.landgraf@...ru>:
>> Not only now, long time (since approx. -rc1) I'm
>>reclaiming that the
>> computer crashs if zipping / unzipping big files
>
> I understood.
>
>> The foto on my last mail is complete; after the ata1
>>error messages isn't
>> nothing else but the computer crashed.
>
> It's the part that happenen *before* that is
>interesting. The stuff
> that scrolled off _because_ of the ata1 error messages.
>
>                    Linus

"werner" <w.landgraf@...ru>
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru

Download attachment "syslog.txt.bz2" of type "application/octet-stream" (11994 bytes)