Date:	Mon, 02 May 2011 21:22:43 -0400
From:	"werner" <w.landgraf@...ru>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	jaxboe@...ionio.com, tj@...nel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>
Subject: Re: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs

Now I tested the config with:
Of your suggestions of today:  IDE off , X86ELAN = OFF ,
X86_EXTended_PLATFORM = OFF
Of your suggestions of yesterday: MTD off ,
MISC-FILESYSTEMS = on

in order to find out what of the last two may cause the
error message during boot.

The (not killing) boot error message still occurs.  See
the enclosed syslog and dmesg. Thus, probably its caused
by MISC-FILESYSTEMS.

sync hangs. See also the enclosed syslog.  This also seems
being caused by MISC-FILESYSTEMS (but I'm not sure if it
didnt occur when I switched off this, soon I'll check
this, run again the previous compilation both MTD and
MISC-FILESYSTEMS switched off).

unzip 140 MB and 460 MB  works, thus this error seems to
be caused by IDE, X86_ELAN or X86_EXTENDED_PLATFORM.

At this oportunity, I still add a boot error message by a
Toshiba Osmio Laptop, booting 2.6.38.3, some ten days ago,
for inspection.  On my own computer, nor on my neighbours
Packard-Bell laptop, the same kernel package gave an error
message.

Now I continue to test some time the previous compilation,
and then I switch on IDE and compile the kernel again.

wl

3 enclosed files
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru

View attachment "dmesg.txt" of type "text/plain" (61793 bytes)

View attachment "syslog.txt" of type "text/plain" (21709 bytes)

Download attachment "dmesg-osmio-26383" of type "application/octet-stream" (61956 bytes)