Date:	Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:19:01 -0400
From:	Joseph Salisbury <joseph.salisbury@...onical.com>
To:	Jiri Kosina <jkosina@...e.cz>,
	Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@...p.org>
CC:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT] HID #2

On 03/27/2012 01:53 PM, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2012, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
>
>>> this is an updated pull request (I sent you the original one on Thu, 5 Jan
>>> 2012 22:39:01 +0100 (CET)); as you haven't pulled the previous one yet, I
>>> have update the for-linus branch with the patches from Jeremy that fix
>>> battery reporting for apple devices, as due to my mistake, outdated
>>> version of the patchset has been included in the branch originally.
>>>
>>> Other than that, nothing new has been added on top of previous request.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

>>> The following changes are available in the git repository at:
>>>
>>>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git for-linus
>>>
>>> Aaron Tian (1):
>>>       HID: multitouch: support PixArt optical touch screen
>>>
>>> Benjamin Tissoires (10):
>>>       HID: multitouch: create sysfs attribute to control quirks from user-space
>>>       HID: multitouch: cleanup eGalax quirks
>>>       HID: multitouch: remove .maxcontacts field for eGalax
>>>       HID: multitouch: cleanup with eGalax PID definitions
>>>       HID: multitouch: add support for the MSI Windpad 110W
>>>       HID: multitouch: correct eGalax a001 protocol
>>>       HID: multitouch: merge quanta driver into hid-multitouch
>>>       HID: hid-multitouch: add support for new Hanvon panels
>>>       HID: multitouch: add support of Atmel multitouch panels
>>>       HID: multitouch: add support for 3M 32"
>>>
>>> Chase Douglas (1):
>>>       HID: bump maximum global item tag report size to 96 bytes
>>>
>>> Chris Bagwell (1):
>>>       HID: hid-multitouch - add another eGalax id
>>>
>>> Dan Delaney (1):
>>>       HID/usbled: add support for Dream Cheeky DL100B Mailbox Friends Alert
>>>
>>> Daniel Kurtz (3):
>>>       HID: usbhid: remove LED_ON
>>>       HID: usbhid: hid-core: submit queued urbs before suspend
>>>       HID: usbhid: defer LED setting to a workqueue
>>>
>>> Daniel Nicoletti (1):
>>>       hid-input: add support for HID devices reporting Battery Strength
>>>
>>> David Herrmann (18):
>>>       HID: wiimote: Rename driver to allow multiple source files
>>>       HID: wiimote: Move common symbols into header
>>>       HID: wiimote: Add read-mem helpers
>>>       HID: wiimote: Add extension support stub
>>>       HID: wiimote: Add extension initializer stubs
>>>       HID: wiimote: Add extension initializers
>>>       HID: wiimote: Add extension sysfs attribute
>>>       HID: wiimote: Register input devices for extensions
>>>       HID: wiimote: Add extension handler stubs
>>>       HID: wiimote: Parse motion+ data
>>>       HID: wiimote: Parse nunchuck data
>>>       HID: wiimote: Parse classic controller data
>>>       HID: wiimote: Add debugfs support stubs
>>>       HID: wiimote: Allow direct eeprom access
>>>       HID: wiimote: Allow direct DRM debug access
>>>       HID: wiimote: Remove module version number
>>>       HID: wiimote: Enable NO_INIT_REPORTS quirk
>>>       HID: wiimote: Select INPUT_FF_MEMLESS
>>>
>>> Ignaz Forster (1):
>>>       HID: Enable HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT for Trio Linker Plus II
>>>
>>> Jeremy Fitzhardinge (10):
>>>       HID: debugfs: decode Generic Device Controls Usage Page
>>>       HID: hid-input: add support for HID devices reporting Battery Strength
> [...]

Thanks for the feedback, Jiri.

I was interested in the following commit for linux-stable for support of
Apple bluetooth Keyboard(USB_DEVICE_ID_APPLE_ALU_WIRELESS_2011_ANSI
0x0255):
652aa6a9ac4a5f8d3e1fa3f6466646519e83c01e hid-input/battery: add FEATURE
quirk

Jeremy, do you happen to know if this patch can be applied without the
needing the other 9 patches you provided in this commit?

Thanks,

Joe