Date:	Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:25:18 +0300
From:	Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@...il.com>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
	Sergio Correia <lists@...e.net>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	stable@...r.kernel.org, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk,
	Sujith Manoharan <c_manoha@....qualcomm.com>,
	"ath9k-devel@...ts.ath9k.org" <ath9k-devel@...ema.h4ckr.net>,
	"John W. Linville" <linville@...driver.com>
Subject: Re: [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org> wrote:

> * Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@...il.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Linus Torvalds
>> <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:

>> > The only thing that matters is "it's been made available to others".
>>
>> Exactly! Now *this* is a reason. [...]
>
> Erm, many people referred to that in this discussion explicitly
> and implicitly - beyond its well-known technical meaning it's
> also the English meaning of the word 'release':
>
>   http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/releasing

Releasing implies many things. There is this notion called theory of
mind, which children learn at a very young age, that helps us see the
world through the eyes of other people. If you think people *must* see
the word "release" and think *exactly* the same thing as  you do, and
apologize when they don't, well, I'd say you are missing a very
valuable skill.

But fine, lets suppose I should have thought exactly the same thing as
you did, and fine, lets say I was wrong in not doing so. That still
doesn't help one iota in this discussion. Linus Torvalds pointed the
exact reason, which allowed us to move forward, because of my
incompetence, or whatever.

The next logical question has still not been answered; does the
undroppability come from the fact that v3.4 is more important that
v3.3.1? This time I promise to think at least one day for all the
possible meanings of each key word you say.

--
Felipe Contreras