Date:	Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:35:26 +0100
From:	Zdenek Kabelac <zkabelac@...hat.com>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
CC:	Johannes Weiner <hannes@...xchg.org>,
	Mel Gorman <mgorman@...e.de>, Rik van Riel <riel@...hat.com>,
	George Spelvin <linux@...izon.com>,
	Johannes Hirte <johannes.hirte@....tu-ilmenau.de>,
	Tomas Racek <tracek@...hat.com>, Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>,
	Dave Hansen <dave@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	Josh Boyer <jwboyer@...il.com>,
	Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu>,
	Jiri Slaby <jslaby@...e.cz>,
	Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora@...mhuis.info>,
	Bruno Wolff III <bruno@...ff.to>,
	linux-mm <linux-mm@...ck.org>,
Subject: Re: kswapd craziness in 3.7

Dne 27.11.2012 21:58, Linus Torvalds napsal(a):
> Note that in the meantime, I've also applied (through Andrew) the
> patch that reverts commit c654345924f7 (see commit 82b212f40059
> 'Revert "mm: remove __GFP_NO_KSWAPD"').
>
> I wonder if that revert may be bogus, and a result of this same issue.
> Maybe that revert should be reverted, and replaced with your patch?
>
> Mel? Zdenek? What's the status here?

I've tried for longer term:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/5/308
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/12/113

these 2 seems to be now merge in -rc7
(since they disappeared after my git rebase)

and added slightly modified patch from Jiri
(https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/15/950
(Unsure where it still applies for -rc7??)

Also I've Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>
fs: Fix imbalance in freeze protection in mark_files_ro()
(which is still not applied to upstream)

And I think I'm NOT seeing huge load from kswapd0.
(At least related to my not really long uptimes)

But also I'm now  frequent victim of my other report:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/15/369

Which turns into a problem, that if my T61 docking station
has enabled support for 'old hw' for docking in BIOS - i.e. serial output'
it becomes unstable and either 1st. or 2nd. resume deadlocks
machine - and serial port gives just garbage)

Zdenek