Date:	Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:26:38 +0100
From:	Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@...il.com>
To:	Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>,
	Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@...il.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Subject: Re: [3.8-rc1] Networking problems after pulling-in net.git#master

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 04:14:39AM +0100, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after reading the thread "Regression in 3.8-rc1: "BUG: sleeping
>> function called from invalid context"" [1] I decided to pull-in
>> net.git#master (up to commit 9b1536c490d5: "bridge: call
>> br_netpoll_disable in br_add_if") on top of Linus upstream.
>>
>> With this kernel I can't neither ping my router nor does DNS work.
>> IIRC there were 6 commits, not sure which of them is culprit.
>>
>> I tried the v3.8-rc1-raring from [2] which works nicely here on
>> Ubuntu/precise AMD64.
>> Can't say if NetworkManager is involved or not.
>
> Does that mean that with Linus upstream, i.e. 3.8-rc1, you can ping your
> router, etc?
>
> If so, you could bisect the 6 commits...

Nah, he said that b-word :-).
The machine I am working on has some hardware damage (keyboard gets
not detected on bios start or even within daily-work, recently I could
not type further while writing an email, so raping that machine is not
a good idea. I could bisect within a reduced localmodconfig setup. No
big promises...)

- Sedat -