Date:	Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:17:27 +0000
From:	"Opensource [Anthony Olech]" <anthony.olech.opensource@...semi.com>
To:	Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>,
	"Opensource [Anthony Olech]" <anthony.olech.opensource@...semi.com>
CC:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [NEW DRIVER V4 7/7] DA9058 REGULATOR driver

The definition of CamelCase From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is:

"CamelCase (camel case) is a term which refers to the practice of writing
compound words where the first letter of an identifier is lowercase and the
first letter of each subsequent concatenated word is capitalized."

> > Either way it seems that the algorithm in scripts/checkpatch.pl is wrong! and
> that was my point.
>
> Guess we'll have to agree to disagree here, as I happen to think that
> checkpatch is perfectly right.
> Guenter

Hi Guenter,

I am quite happy to accept the algorithm in scripts/checkpatch.pl as the
arbiter for correctly formed linux kernel variable names.

On that basis "old_mV", "new_uA" etc are incorrectly formed variable names.
Could you possibly suggest legal alternatives to "mA", "uV", "kW" ??

Tony Olech