Date:	Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:20:40 +1000
From:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:	Alasdair G Kergon <agk@...hat.com>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	dm-devel@...hat.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>,
	Hannes Reinecke <hare@...e.de>,
	Jim Ramsay <jim_ramsay@...l.com>,
	"Jun'ichi Nomura" <j-nomura@...jp.nec.com>,
	Mike Snitzer <snitzer@...hat.com>,
	Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka@...hat.com>,
	Milan Broz <gmazyland@...il.com>,
	Rob Herring <robherring2@...il.com>,
	Robin Dong <sanbai@...bao.com>, stable@...r.kernel.org,
	Yann Droneaud <ydroneaud@...eya.com>
Subject: Re: [git pull] device-mapper changes for 3.11

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 02:34:48 +0100 Alasdair G Kergon <agk@...hat.com> wrote:

> Please pull from:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-dm tags/dm-3.11-changes
>
> to get the following device-mapper changes for 3.11.

The device-mapper tree exists as a quilt series in linux-next.  The
patches in the above git tree are the same as the ones in linux-next, but
have a different base (and the ones in linux-next were on a different
base from yesterday as well). :-(

Alistair, is there some reason that you cannot maintain some relatively
stable git tree for me to fetch (instead of the quilt series).  Also,
there is not real reason to keep rebasing this stuff (especially just
before sending it to Linus).

If you want to test for conflicts before submission, then, fine, do that
in a test branch by *merging* Linus' tree (git is good for that), but send
Linus your pre merged branch and if there is some complex conflict, then
explain it to him (and me if necessary) or publish your test branch
separately to show your suggested resolution.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@...b.auug.org.au