Date:	Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:09:31 +0100
From:	Nix <nix@...eri.org.uk>
To:	Bernd Schubert <bernd.schubert@...tmail.fm>
	linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org,
	"Martin K. Petersen" <martin.petersen@...cle.com>,
	nick.cheng@...ca.com.tw, stable@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [SCSI REGRESSION] 3.10.2 or 3.10.3: arcmsr failure at bootup / early userspace transition

On 29 Jul 2013, Bernd Schubert uttered the following:

> On 07/29/2013 03:05 PM, Nix wrote:
>> On 29 Jul 2013, Bernd Schubert said:
>>
>>> Hi Nick,

I can now confirm that reverting this commit causes this problem to go
away, and my machine boots fine again.

Please revert (and figure out what is wrong so that 3.11 doesn't
implode in the same way? I'm happy to assist...)

(My apologies if a 'please revert' from someone bitten by a stable
regression isn't adequate reason to revert the thing: I've never been
quite sure who should report regressions in stable patches to Greg. It
should at least be *evidence*. So here's my "it crashed and now it
doesn't" evidence. :} )

--
NULL && (void)