Date:	Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:50:12 -0400
From:	Josh Boyer <jwboyer@...il.com>
To:	richard -rw- weinberger <richard.weinberger@...il.com>
Cc:	Josh Boyer <jwboyer@...oraproject.org>,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>,
	Kyle McMartin <kyle@...radead.org>,
	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: ftrace 'failed to modify' bug when loading reiserfs.ko

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM, richard -rw- weinberger
<richard.weinberger@...il.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@...oraproject.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org> wrote:

>>> We should be working on making syslinux work for all cases then.
>>
>> Is there something stopping you? :)  More specifically, I don't think
>> syslinux will ever support e.g. powerpc or ARM (Aarch64) so it doesn't
>> seem like a general purpose solution.  I could be wrong.
>
> Is there a list of use cases which are missing in syslinux?

The aforementioned lack of non-x86 architecture support is probably
the biggest one from a Fedora perspective.  However, I don't really
think that's something that will be _added_ to syslinux, so it kind of
makes discussing the rest irrelevant for us.

My original reply was as to why Fedora doesn't just switch.  If there
are bootloaders that people want to use instead of grub2, then go for
it.  I have no ties to any of them.

josh