Date:	Sun, 01 Dec 2013 15:20:35 +0900
From:	Satoru Takeuchi <satoru.takeuchi@...il.com>
To:	stable@...r.kernel.org, gregkh@...uxfoundation.org,
	linux@...ck-us.net, shuahkhan@...il.com
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, rostedt@...dmis.org
Subject: [RFC] test-linux-stable: stable kernel auto testing tool

Hi Greg, stable guys and all,

I released the stable kernel auto testing tool based on ktest.

https://github.com/satoru-takeuchi/test-linux-stable

After several configration, you can test any stable-rc kernels
by the following command. Just one command.

$ cd test-linux-stable
$ bin/test-linux-stable <version>

This tool do the following thisgs.

 1. Gets the appropriate stable-rc patch
 2. Apply it to already-released stable tree
 3. Make .config from base configuration file.
 4. Build the kernel
 5. Boot the kernel in the guest machine.
 6. Run test in the guest machine.

I've used this tool's old version (doesn't use ktest framework) for one
year and it works well. I expect stable reviewer and testeers increase by
this tool.

Here are what I'd like to do next.

 - Expand test target to all kernels.
 - Support auto-bisect feature to find the problematic bug automatically.
 - Support many kind of tests.
 - Ease configuration.
 - Support many environment.
 - Enhance documentation.
 - Write ktest documentation. # I'm familiar with ktest now :-)
 - Download newest stable-rc kernel patches automatically.

For more detail, please refer to the following README.

https://github.com/satoru-takeuchi/test-linux-stable/blob/master/README.md

If you have any comment/question, feel free to ask me.

Thanks,
Satoru