Date:	Fri, 30 May 2014 09:13:43 -0500
From:	Roger Heflin <rogerheflin@...il.com>
To:	Jérôme Carretero <cJ-ko@...gloub.eu>
Cc:	Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@...nel.crashing.org>,
	Tejun Heo <tj@...nel.org>,
	Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <b.zolnierkie@...sung.com>,
	linux-ide <linux-ide@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: Bad DMA from Marvell 9230

I had a 9230...on older kernels it worked "ok" so long as you did not
do any smart commands, I removed it and went to something that works.
   Marvell appears to be hit and miss with some cards/chips working
right and some not...

Do enough smartcmds and the entire board (all 4 ports) locked up and
required a reboot, I quit doing smartcmds and stability went way up,
but it was still not 100% stable.

Supplier support "claimed" it to be a Linux AHCI bug as the "claim"
that their board correctly supports AHCI, even though all other AHCI
boards work right in this exact same use case in the exact same
machine.