Date:	Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:59:12 +0200
From:	Martin Steigerwald <Martin@...htvoll.de>
To:	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>
Cc:	Måns Rullgård <mans@...sr.com>,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
	Christopher Barry <christopher.r.barry@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: OT: Open letter to the Linux World

Am Mittwoch, 13. August 2014, 11:52:13 schrieb Peter Zijlstra:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 11:37:28AM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > That all said: I believe that any feedback like this is best served on
> > systemd-devel mailing list – maybe in an attempt to express it in a
> > somewhat polite, yet also direct way. Instead of on LKML, debian-user,
> > debian-devel and you name it what other mailinglists. Cause that would
> > increase the chance of upstream noticing it.
>
> I think most people have given up on talking to them entirely. I
> certainly have. And yes, its a popular subject for bitchin' about. And I
> realize that bitchin' won't fix thing at all, but we all need to vent
> our frustration somewhere.

I understand and symphatize with that.

I have given up on giving feedback to PulseAudio upstream as well for now. I
just try to avoid it, but now Skype required skype 4.3. I don´t use Skype at
the moment, but I support a close family member who does, and well… I hope it
will just work. Or its Google Hangout or at some point a free as in freedom
*and* easy alternative I am not yet aware of.

I read systemd-devel and I think there are quite sane discussions, but I
believe if I bring up general feedback to systemd or question certain things
about it… well… I feel reluctant about it at least.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (182 bytes)