Date:	Tue, 13 Jan 2015 11:18:59 +0100
From:	Robert Baldyga <r.baldyga@...sung.com>
To:	Paul Zimmerman <Paul.Zimmerman@...opsys.com>,
	"dinh.linux@...il.com" <dinh.linux@...il.com>
Cc:	"balbi@...com" <balbi@...com>,
	"gregkh@...uxfoundation.org" <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
	Marek Szyprowski <m.szyprowski@...sung.com>,
	"linux-usb@...r.kernel.org" <linux-usb@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: dwc2: problems with IN requests completion in linux-next

On 01/12/2015 10:35 PM, Paul Zimmerman wrote:
> [...]

Hi Paul,

Thanks. It looks like you're right, commit db8178c causes the break.

I have found out that if we don't call dwc2_is_controller_alive() in
interrupt handler everything works well. Conclusion is that reading from
GSNPSID causes the problem.

BTW it's strange that this register is used for testing if controller is
alive. Documentation says nothing about that as well as it does not say
that reading this register can affect hardware behaviour.

Avoiding to read this register in device mode seems to be the simplest
solution. But the question is why does it behave this way?

Best regards,
Robert Baldyga