Date:	Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:04:58 -0700
From:	Jamin Collins <jamin.collins@...il.com>
To:	linux-bluetooth@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Bluetooth related possible system hard lockups

I've recently started experiencing what appear to be hard lockups on
what has otherwise been a very solid system (Lenovo W530 Thinkpad).
I'm running a fully updated Arch Linux install on it, and have been
for a few months (since roughly April of this year).  Just before
experiencing these lockups I started using a bluetooth mouse.

When the apparent lockup occurs:
- the laptop screen seems to be off (no display)
- the CPU fan is running at a moderate speed (not the slowest, and not
the fastest)
- no apparent disk activity
- nothing in journalctl (when I hard reset I find only a gap, last
entry hours before)
- unresponsive to network requests (ping, etc)

The only way I've found to recover the system thus far is a hard reset
(hold power for 4+ seconds).

I know it involves bluetooth being on, possibly requires having
connected a device, and then some indeterminate amount of time away
from the system (lack of user interaction).  I'm currently testing
with bluetooth on, but no device connected to see if the issue occurs.

The kernel in question:
Linux version 4.1.5-1-ARCH (builduser@...ias) (gcc version 5.2.0 (GCC)
) #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Aug 11 15:41:14 CEST 2015

Bluetooth:
Bluetooth daemon 5.33

The bluetooth device I've been using is a Thinkpad Bluetooth Laser Mouse:
ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse as
/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:11/0005:17EF:6002.0001/input/input19

I'm not subscribed to this list, so please CC me on replies.