Date:	Wed, 26 Aug 2015 10:53:25 +0300
From:	Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc@...il.com>
To:	Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>
Cc:	Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>,
	Chris Zankel <chris@...kel.net>,
	"linux-xtensa@...ux-xtensa.org" <linux-xtensa@...ux-xtensa.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: xtensa build failures in -next due to DMA API changes

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 01:21:40PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> I also see
>>
>> arch/xtensa/include/asm/dma-mapping.h:#include <asm-generic/dma-mapping-common.h>
>>
>> It looks like there is a conflict with "xtensa: reimplement DMA API using common
>> helpers" by Max Filippov, which added the include. This patch is in -next.
>
> Oh.  That one clashes badly with my whole series, basically each
> of my patches will need the same work done for the other architectures
> applied to xtensa as well.
>
> In terms of effort it might be a better idea to rebase the patch from
> Max on top of the series, as it will become a lot simpler that way.

Looks like I just need to remove now redundant function definitions from
xtensa/include/asm/dma-mapping.h. A patch that removes these
functions is attached, but I'm not sure where it should go. To the Andrew's
tree? Or should the xtensa tree merge Christoph's series and apply it on
top?

--
Thanks.
-- Max

View attachment "0001-xtensa-remove-duplicate-definitions-from-dma-mapping.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (2698 bytes)