Date:	Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:48:40 -0800
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	"Nicholas A. Bellinger" <nab@...ux-iscsi.org>
Cc:	target-devel <target-devel@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-scsi <linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
	Joel Becker <jlbec@...lplan.org>,
	Linux-fsdevel <linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Andrzej Pietrasiewicz <andrzej.p@...sung.com>,
	Felipe Balbi <balbi@...com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] target updates for v4.4-rc1

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
<nab@...ux-iscsi.org> wrote:

> Please pull from:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending.git for-next

Ok, not only was this pull request late, it had a semantic conflict
that causes the end result to not compile.

You must have known about that conflict, since it was reported for
linux-next. Alexander Shishkin had a patch for it.

This is the kind of thing you should talk about in your pull request.
Yes, I find these things out. Yes, I can fix it up myself. But the
whole point of linux-next is finding these things and making the
parties aware of it.

If you don't then use the linux-next information when you send my pull
request, exactly *what* was the point of it ever being in linux-next
in the first place?

I'm annoyed. This is not the kind of sh*t I want to deal with on the
Friday before the merge window closes.

I've unpulled it for now. And I'm not sure I want to pull it later
when I'm less annoyed.

So just to make it really clear to people: if you ignore the reports
from linux-next, then I will damn well ignore you. Comprende? Fair is
fair.

                       Linus