Date:	Sat, 9 Jan 2016 16:16:04 +0100
From:	Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@...il.com>
To:	Tony Lindgren <tony@...mide.com>, Felipe Balbi <balbi@...com>,
	"Greg Kroah-Hartman" <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
	linux-usb@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-omap@...r.kernel.org,
	Ivaylo Dimitrov <ivo.g.dimitrov.75@...il.com>,
	Sebastian Reichel <sre@...nel.org>,
	Aaro Koskinen <aaro.koskinen@....fi>,
	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>, Nishanth Menon <nm@...com>
Subject: Nokia N900: musb is in wrong state after boot

Hello,

when I boot 4.4.0-rc7+ kernel compiled with g_nokia into zImage on Nokia
N900 into userspace then usb gadget (g_nokia) does not work. Notebook,
connected on other side does not see any usb device... Connecting and
disconnecting cable does not change anything, still not work.

But if I run this command
$ echo peripheral > /sys/bus/platform/devices/musb-hdrc.0.auto/mode

then gadget starts working. Other side see usb device and can use it.
Also connecting and disconnecting usb cable working fine. After
connecting it again, usb device OK.

So it looks like musb is in some wrong state after boot if above command
is not called.

Any idea where is problem? In attachment is output from more musb sysfs
entries (before and after calling that command) which I think could be
useful. If you want to see more logs, let me know what.

Note that host mode on Nokia N900 does not work because of HW design.
For 2.6.28 Nokia's kernel there are special and ugly (!) patches which
enable host mode together with userspace interaction. So it does not
make sense to have other than peripheral mode enabled by default on
Nokia N900...

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@...il.com

View attachment "musb_log" of type "text/plain" (5632 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)