Date:	Sat, 26 Mar 2016 13:00:27 -0700
From:	Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@...nel.org>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:	Eric Biggers <ebiggers3@...il.com>,
	Linux F2FS Dev Mailing List
	<linux-f2fs-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	Michael Halcrow <mhalcrow@...gle.com>,
	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] f2fs updates for v4.6

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 10:53:52AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Good catch, Eric.
>
> While waiting for explanations, I've committed the change to move back
> to just the page index.

Thank you.

+Ted

This was originally introduced in EXT4 for AOSP last year.
At that time, Ted suggested that it'd good to support it in F2FS as well for
AOSP. (It is now easy to build AOSP with F2FS anyway.)
So, I copied most of libraries from EXT4 and modified F2FS to activate that.

After then, as Dave suggested, we needed to move the crypto libraries into
common fs/crypto, so that other filesystems can support that in common sense.

Please check the below threads about this history.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-fsdevel/msg93424.html

In my sense currently, I can see that there is still no product shipped with
this by default.
It seems manufacturers have been continuing to run a bunch of stress and
functional tests. It's up to google's decision though.

Thanks,