Date:   Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:43:00 +0000
From:   "Winkler, Tomas" <tomas.winkler@...el.com>
To:     Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
CC:     "Usyskin, Alexander" <alexander.usyskin@...el.com>,
Subject: RE: [char-misc-next 4/4] mei: bus: enable non-blocking RX

> > > Yes, I just guessed at the name :)
> >
> > Understood, any how I believe that we should keep patch as is, there
> > is no one API _nonblock() function in the whole kernel unlike
> > _async(), nonblock  is always passed in as a flag or Boolean.
>
> And I'll still argue that this is a horrible api and you can do better.
> No need to duplicate the errors of our childhood :)

Legacy is not always wrong it as is consistency, and the balance where to put change of behavior in arguments or function names is gentle one.
I'm not sure we want to end with Java function names, either.
bool doesShorterNameExistThatEquallyConvaysTheBehaviorOfTheMethod()

I'll respin the patch as it's not really worth the argument in this particular case,  but  I'm not convinced.

Thanks
Tomas