Date:   Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:21:43 +0100
From:   Thorsten Leemhuis <linux@...mhuis.info>
To:     Paul Menzel <pmenzel@...gen.mpg.de>,
Cc:     Daniel Blueman <daniel@...ra.org>, Len Brown <len.brown@...el.com>
Subject: Re: Dell XPS13 does not suspend with Linux 4.10-rc3

Lo! Paul Menzel wrote on 10.01.2017 15:08:

> Testing Linux 4.10-rc{1,2,3} the Dell XPS13 does not suspend with the
> attached configuration.

During quick tests I saw similar problems with the Fedora rawhide
configuration in 4.10-rc{1,2} (haven't tried rc3/mainline yet). My free
time was extremely limited in the past few weeks as I was traveling
(often without the machine), hence I couldn't look closer into it yet
(sorry, I nevertheless should have reported it).

> The screen turns black, but the power button
> never goes dark. The white light stays always on.
>
> Pressing the power button also does not turn the system back on. Holding
> it for a long time, like ten seconds, sometimes the screen is shown for
> a quick moment, but then it seems to „suspend“ again, at least the
> screen goes dark. I am unable to log in, and debug.

Same here.

Did you try to check if the machine is still reachable via ssh (it looks
like it might) and if there is anything helpful in dmesg? That's on my
todo list.

> [...]

Ciao, knurd