Date:   Mon, 30 Jan 2017 16:58:39 +0100
From:   Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>
To:     Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
        Henning Schild <henning.schild@...mens.com>
Cc:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>,
        Yinghai Lu <yinghai@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: [3/8] x86/tsc: Store and check TSC ADJUST MSR

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 02:04:46PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > The AMD-Manual from 12/16 does not mention that MSR. I do not have
> > access to an AMD machine. But i can only assume that bigger machines
> > also suffer from async TSCs and basically all fall back to HPET.
>
> Borislav?

So far, all AMD machines starting from Barcelona (F10h) onwards should
have a stable TSC. If you've seen some discrepancies, make sure to
let us know. The bigger machines I have access to are all ok wrt
synchronized TSCs but I won't be surprised if someone proves me wrong.

Of course, if dumb firmware decides to fiddle with the TSC, then dumb
firmware should be fixed.

Wrt TSC adjust MSR, it should be probably best to take this up with AMD
engineering.

HTH.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.